Write a description of a famous person
Now try to write a description of a famous person. Use this plan:
Use an attention grabbing statement, or startling fact to draw the reader's attention.
Introduce the person. When/where was this person born? At the end, you can add if the person is still alive, or when he or she died. Introduce your main points. You should have between three and five. Don't go into details, this is just a broad overview. List them in chronological order, as to not get the reader confused.
Describe the person's physical appearance (but not many details), personality and the character.
Start each body paragraph with a specific topic sentence, so the reader knows exactly what you're talking about. Give some examples of the person's behavior or relationships with other people. Give the examples to support your topic.
Conclusion: The backwards introduction
Restate your main points.
Conclude your paper with a sentence saying the significance of the person. (EX: "..." was the greatest "..." of all time.) In some cases, this may be similar to your attention grabbing sentence used in the introduction.
• Don't address the person by his or her first name. It sounds very unprofessional. In your introduction, you may call them by their full name, but you must use their last name throughout the rest of the paper.
• Be careful to not start every sentence with the person's name. To avoid this, use "he/she," or move around the subject and predicate of the sentence.
• After you've done writing your paper, read it out loud to catch mistakes.
• When researching the subject, be careful to evaluate the credibility of your sources. If possible, use a variety of reliable sources to get the best understanding of the subject.
• Don't forget to use linking words, such as: in fact, because, since, due to, but, however, to sum up, particularly, although, nevertheless.......