Read an extract from the article.
Pocket money in Britain
According to the 2006 Halifax Pocket Money Survey, the average amount of weekly pocket money given to 12-16 year olds in the UK is £9.76. In the past "pocket money" was a term that referred to fun money or money that was not required to pay for life's necessities. Today there seems to be a lot more necessities, so when determining how much pocket money you think you need be very clear about what your pocket money must pay for.
• Food and snacks.
• Entertainment such as cinema tickets, DVD rentals, books and magazines.
• Mobile phones and phone credit.
• School supplies.
• Public transport and other travel expenses.
• Birthday and holiday presents.
• Clothes and accessories.
• Beauty and personal care items.
Последнее изменение: Thursday, 1 December 2011, 00:04