Key Vocabulary for the dialogue
demanding (adjective): requiring great effort or work
- My history teacher is very demanding. She expects student to memorize so many facts.
mail-in rebate (noun): refund or return of money sent to the purchaser after buying goods
- It took two months to receive my mail-in rebate from that company.
throw in (phrasal verb): add as an extra item
- The computer store threw in a free set of speakers when I bought a computer.
sticker shock (noun): great surprise at the sales price of an item
- I can't get over the sticker shock of seeing the price of cars these days.
chip in (phrasal verb): add or contribute
- My father chipped in money so I could by my first laptop.
buck (noun): informal for dollar –
It only costs a few bucks to buy some folders and notebooks for school.